I absolutely love this, it’s my favourite banana bread! Thanks Elaine for the recipe!
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tspn. salt
- 1 heaped tspn. of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 110g of caster sugar (normal is fine as well)
- 1 egg beaten
- 75ml of sunflower oil
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
- 65g of pecan nuts
- 4 medium ripe bananas mashed (over ripe is absolutely fine too)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (Gas Mark 4) and line in 2lb loaf tin
- Sift flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar
- Mix in the egg, sunflower oil and vanilla essence but do not beat
- Fold in the pecans and mashed bananas. Again do not beat. I used a spatula-did the job!
- Spoon mixture into lined tin and bake it for 50-60 minutes until the loaf is golden brown and springs back when prodded gently with your finger
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool
- Enjoy and please let us know if the recipe worked for you! We would love some feedback! 🙂 Here are some photos that might help to guide you along!